arthead sf

arthead sf blog was created to bring readers the meaning behind the art. These are not critiques or interviews with artists. Each feature is written entirely by the artist, revealing only what they feel and want readers to know about the featured piece. If you see a piece of art you'd like to know the meaning behind...email me. And subscribe to my blog below to get updates when new features are posted!


Web www.artheadsf.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Minchi


Minchi is an artist living and working in Hyogo, Japan.

"Empire of ice"
7.873 x 7.873 inch
Corel Painter

"This painting was inspired by figure skating i saw on the television.

It portrays a feeling of freeness.

The color of the thing is made from a lot of elements. I pull out all the colors that I saw.

It took one week to make."

When asked to reveal one thing most people do not know about her, Minchi's response was:
"I imagine the world, cut out the moment of the world and make it a picture.People say that my picture is grotesque and cruel at time.I like happy ending. However, there must be various difficulties by the time it reaches the happy ending. And, The reality might not severely become a happy ending. I make inward struggle and difficulty a picture. It is a thing that everyone experiences, and will strike the heart of people.The actual world is cruel at times though I do not want the cruel world. I only faithfully draw it. Grotesque and cruel is not the essences of my picture.

By Minchi
http://minchi.lomo.jp/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home