arthead sf

arthead sf blog was created to bring readers the meaning behind the art. These are not critiques or interviews with artists. Each feature is written entirely by the artist, revealing only what they feel and want readers to know about the featured piece. If you see a piece of art you'd like to know the meaning behind...email me. And subscribe to my blog below to get updates when new features are posted!


Web www.artheadsf.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Naomi Nowak

"Loom".
Aquarelle, gouache and ink on heavy paper
11 x 17 inches

"I believe that good art should speak for itself, so I never accompany my paintings with long descriptions - but basically this one is about a state of mind where a person is strong enough to hold on to the blessings in life and not let the hurts get them down. The platforms and the way she holds on symbolize this."

By Naomi Nowak
http://www.naomi.se/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home